Lifetime is at again. Another biopic. I guess they take the “Life” in “Lifetime” seriously. This time their subject is Toni Braxton. The project, titled Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart follows Toni Braxton as she tries to build her career while dealing with family issues and illness. It is based on her memoir Unbreak My Heart. I’m usually wary of Lifetime films, but this film actually has a talented cast, so it should be decent.
The movie follows the singer’s journey from her discovery by mega producers L.A. Reid and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, to her battle with Lupus. The movie also delves into how she made it through her public divorce all while navigating her son’s autism and family struggles. “Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart” chronicles the untold measures the wildly talented artist took to make herself and her family whole again, becoming a global inspiration.
- Lex Scott Davis – Toni Braxton
- Debbi Morgan – Evelyn Braxton
- Skye P. Marshall – Towanda Braxton
- Tiffany Hines – Tamar Braxton
- Cortney Scott Wright – Traci Braxton
- LaToya Franklyn – Trina Braxton
- Andre Hall – Keri Lewis
- Gavin Houston – Kenny “Babyface” Edmunds
- Greg Davis Jr. – LA Reid
- Doron Bell – Scott Rhodes
- Celeste Rhodes – Pebbles
- Director – Vondie Curtis-Hall
- Writer – Susan McMartin
- Production Company – Link Entertainment
Check out the trailer below.
Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart airs January 23, 2016 on Lifetime at 8/7c. Film photos (credit to Betina Strauss) are below.